This morning we attempted making a handprint ornament. I sure hope it hardens over the next few days and that we will have this for years to come.
We used 3/4 cup of salt, 3/4 cup of flour, and about 1/2 cup of water. I had to add more flour as we mixed and mashed to get the right texture. This made more than enough to make two ornaments, but we only made one due to attention span.
He loved pouring everything into the bowl, especially the "agua." My little bi-lingual boy.
He had to mix after pouring each ingredient into the bowl.
I rolled out a baseball sized ball of dough and he squished away. We did this several times because sometimes it's just more fun to play.
We'd take some breaks to see what Mickey was doing.
Cleaning up was fun too.
Our final piece product turned out pretty good if you ask me. I just love those little hands to pieces!
I used a straw to make a hole for a ribbon. Hopefully this will be rock solid in a few days and we can hang it on the tree.
Enjoying this last ice day before heading back to work and school tomorrow.

2 comments:
Love this! Looks like ya'll had so much fun, too. Thanks for sharing!
oh my goodness. your little man is so cute! how old is he? i can't wait for kaye to be just a smidgen older…then we'll be able to successfully complete crafts. :) new follower!
Post a Comment