Thursday, December 5, 2013

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

Last Sunday was spent decorating for Christmas with my boys.  I love how our new Christmas tree turned out!  We threw away our old tree when we moved, so now we have a "grown up" tree.  We'd had that tree since I lived in my apartment before we were married.  It was time for an upgrade.  Our last trip to Canton I found some burlap and chevron ribbon that is just perfect for our country tree.  I layered the two ribbons together and tied small ribbon pieces every foot or so to make a ribbon garland.

Garrett and I are in love with the new train too.  Another awesome Canton find!



 
What better way to spread Christmas cheer than with a Christmas tractor shirt?  Garrett was so excited when he saw his new shirt.  "My tra-cher.  On, on."
We are trying our best to keep up with our Advent calendars.  Garrett doesn't really understand the count down process yet.  I was just sure he would love the rocking horse, but for some reason he's afraid of it.  I have to open the drawers and he will unwrap the little gifts that are inside, but he won't sit next to the horse and he clings to me if I bring it too close to him.


As we were unpacking all of our Christmas stuff, I came across the last Christmas card I would ever receive from my Grandma.  I have about 5 cards from past Christmases that I kept.  I'm so thankful to have them.  They are priceless.  I also found the nativity hanger that she let me have.
I was so happy when we found our Little People nativity scene.  Garrett likes to tell baby Jesus "nigh-nigh."  He points out the Mama and Dada.  Together we talked about the three wise men giving gifts to Jesus for his birthday.  He always says, "ta-too," (thank you) after Jesus receives his three presents.  He also likes to tell the wolf,  "NO-NO," if he gets too close to the sheep.  We are trying to teach him about the shepherd watching over the sheep.  I love his sweet little imagination and watching him reenact what we teach him.
I took off one day this week to have some warranty work done at the house.  We had a pipe leak and some issues with our fridge...ugh.  After everything was finished, I picked up Garrett from school to try to get some pictures for our Christmas cards.  I hate that we didn't manage to get family pictures done this year, but I just didn't think we'd have time.  Oh well.  I LOVE the way our Christmas cards turned out this year.  Here are some of the out takes of our sweet boy.  Warning.  There are a ton of out takes!!  He was really hamming it up!  I can't believe that in just a few more weeks this little guy will be two years old!!  Time, please stand still.
















Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!  






1 comment:

Marla said...

What a handsome little guy! And good photography, Momma!