Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fair Time

Ryan volunteered at the NTSF again this year.  We made it out almost every night this year, and  Garrett loved almost everything about it.  He's been talking about cows (moo moos) and tractors ever since.

Garrett got to ride in the barrel truck.  He was such a ham, blowing kisses and waving to the audience the entire time.  
We had the hardest time finding a toddler hat that would fit him this year.  He'd outgrown his cowboy hat that he wore last year, and his sweet head was too big for most of the toddler hats we found.  After a few visits to several different western stores, we finally found one that fit.  Hopefully he will still be able to wear it again next year.  
 He was in hog heaven riding on the tractors and watching the animals.  


We would peek under the bleachers to catch Daddy in action.  He's in charge of sorting the calves and steers during the rodeo.










 Garrett won a tiny blue shark for picking the "right" duck in a carnival game.  No strategy needed, just pick a duck and win a prize.  I'm pretty sure he would have rather kept the duck.





While Ryan was working, we explored the exhibits, petting zoo and shows that were going on.  Garrett  wasn't really fond of the petting zoo, and he absolutely HATED the camel.  I'm not sure what was going on, but that camel would make some of the craziest noises when we would get too close, and Garrett would freak out and start crying.  The safari show featuring white tigers was more his style.  I was shocked that he sat still to watch the entire show.    

Garrett spent one night hanging out with his buddy Hunter.  They had a blast jumping in the bounce house, checking out tractors and enjoying some cotton candy.  








I was so proud of Garrett for riding the train all by himself.  He was able to ride with Hunter one night, but since Ryan and I both exceeded the weight limit to ride with him, Garrett would have to ride alone if he wanted to ride again.  He was reluctant at first, but he REALLY wanted to ride that train.  
One of our friends, Emilie, made Garrett a NTSF shirt to wear.  She made shirts for some of the little boys who have dads that volunteer at the fair.  I think they looked pretty cute!
Each night we spent at the fair ended with one tired little boy!
Mimi and Pawpaw took care of Garrett one night so I could hang out with friends and enjoy some of the concerts after the rodeo.  
 This is always such a busy week.  It typically falls during the same time that I am heading back to work, but I always look forward to the fun with friends and concerts.  Now, it's even more fun to share this time with our precious little G!

No comments: