Monday, August 5, 2013

Birthday Weekend

This weekend I celebrated my 33rd birthday.  Friday night we spent some time with friends and enjoyed some snow cones.  We tried a snow cone stand that was near our old house, and we will definitely be going back.  They have so many flavors it was hard to choose!  Garrett's enjoyed his Elmo flavored snow cone while playing in Uncle Jeff's new boat.  
Saturday night Ryan's mom came up to keep Garrett while we went to dinner with some friends, followed by a few games of bowling.  I haven't bowled in years, but I always have a blast every time we do.  One thing is for certain...the bowling leagues will not be knocking down my door to recruit me anytime soon!  I was lucky to break 75 points for each game.  
Uncle Chad and Ryan

Check out my form!

Summer and Chad

Trey bringing out the "Granny Bowl."


All of the ladies!  

The boys.
Sunday afternoon my family and Ryan's mom and dad come to the house to hang out.  Ryan grilled fajitas for everyone and we watched the Ranger game.  


I LOVE gift cards!!


Cheese!!




Saturday morning I was going through our mail and came across a bill for Garrett's birth...18 months later!!  What!?!  After talking with the hospital and insurance company, apparently there was a bill that took a ridiculous amount of time to process.  Anyhow, as I was going through  our records of paperwork and prior payments I came across this birthday card from my Grandma.  Little did I know last August that this would be the last birthday card I would ever receive from her.  I'm so thankful that I have this.  I miss her everyday, but I'm so glad that I was able to know her for 32 years.  Call me crazy, but I think finding this card was her little way of sending me a little hello on my birthday.   
Thanks to everyone who made my birthday special!  I'm looking forward to many, many more!

1 comment:

Marla said...

What a sweet card to find on your birthday. And I agree about bowling....we hardly ever go, but when we do it's always so much fun and I wonder why we don't do it more often. haha