We finally moved into the new house! It's been a long journey, but it was definitely worth the wait! I LOVE how everything turned out. We've still got lots of organizing to do, but we are getting there slowly buy surely. Once we are all settled in, I'll have to get some more pictures posted.
I need to get a good picture of the view in our back yard. The trees behind us are home to many red birds. Eventually we want to take down the back panel of our wood fence and put up a rod iron fence that will really allow us to enjoy our view.
We can't wait to start having our family and friends over to visit! We had so much help from all of our friends and family. My parents kept Garrett the entire weekend while we moved. They fixed up his room at their house and he slept in his new toddler bed the entire weekend.
We were able to move almost everything in one day thanks to our troop of friends and family. They all sacrificed their Saturday to help us move. Since I didn't have any time off from work, Ryan's mom was a life saver in helping me set up my china cabinet and china.
I love how the kitchen turned out! These cell phone pictures are not doing it justice.
We were able to move almost everything in one day thanks to our troop of friends and family. They all sacrificed their Saturday to help us move. Since I didn't have any time off from work, Ryan's mom was a life saver in helping me set up my china cabinet and china.
I love how the kitchen turned out! These cell phone pictures are not doing it justice.
I'm really glad we went with the brushed nickle fixtures in the house. I went back and forth wondering if we should have gone with the oil rubbed bronze, but in the end I think it would have made everything really dark. They offered all of these same fixtures in the oil rubbed bronze, but after living in our other house and it being so dark, it is extremely refreshing to have all of the light.
I'm in love with our new washer and dryer too. Our old washer and dryer at the old house were so noisy and they dryer took at least two full cycles to finish drying. These are amazing. You'd never even know they were running they are so quiet, and the dryer is fast!
Of course Ryan had to get his garage floor finished and his cabinets hung up. I should be able to start parking in the garage soon. We've just got to wait for the paint to cure.
Ryan had his Tuff Shed installed last weekend too.
Ryan took the entire week off to get some work done around the house. He surprised me with the flowers when I came home from work. He planted jasmine, and two other heat tolerant flowers.
I've had the hardest time finding drapes for the dining room. Since our ceilings are so tall, standard window treatments are too short. I found this fabric and fell in love with it. I'm going to try my hand at sewing my own drapery. Summer project? I've also found trim to add to Garrett's curtains to make them longer. We paid quite a bit for his curtains, and I just don't want to see them go to waste.
Ryan and I got a new leather headboard. Our bedroom furniture is ancient, and it will be a while before we are able to replace it, so this was a quick renovation to liven the room up a bit. Pardon all of the junk on my night stand! We've been sick!
I found these window panels at Target, and I'd love them in our living room and kitchen nook, but they are too short. I really like the pattern, so I'm going to keep looking for a similar material. If all goes well with the dining room curtains, I just might keep going.
I'm going to be very busy this summer decorating!













2 comments:
Can't wait to see the rest of the house! Everything looks so good!
As far as fabric for drapes...this site has some good stuff
http://www.premierprintsfabric.com
and i think they have a similar print for what you are looking for here
http://www.premierprintsfabric.com/got.shtml
Also- Fabric Factory in Dallas is a store you should GO TO and there are so many decorator fabrics there it is heavenly! :)
Thanks for the resources Marla! I need to check out Fabric Factory for sure.
I hope you are having a blast with that new baby boy!
Post a Comment