Monday, February 11, 2013

Walk this Way

Since I haven't been writing monthly posts to track Garrett's milestones, I completely forgot to record that our little man is officially walking.  He's been walking like a pro for about two months now.  I can't believe that I didn't write down the actual date, but as best as we can remember, it was around the week after his birthday.

He started taking a few steps at school, and took a few a home shortly after.  Within a few days, I picked him up from daycare where he proceeded to walk halfway across the room to me.  I was so proud, scooping him up and giving him the tightest squeeze.

There have been many bumps and bruises along the way though.  He trips over things, gets going too fast, or sometimes even dives to reach his destination.  Hank tends to knock him over every now and again too.  But Hank better be careful...he's getting faster and stronger.  One of these days he's going to catch him.  He doesn't like to be held as much now that he can get around and explore.  There's just too much to see and experience.



No comments: