Monday, January 7, 2013

The New Do

The inspector came Saturday and we had to do the skedaddle from 10:00-3:00.  Garrett and I went to buy some things for his birthday party, did some shopping, had my new mother's ring sized, and stopped for lunch before meeting up with Ryan.  We took Garrett to Cool Cuts for Kids to get his first haircut. 





He'd just woken from a nap and was in a great mood when we arrived.  He played with the trains while we waited for his appointment. 

 

Staring at all of the hullabaloo around him, he hardly noticed the cool fire truck barber's chair.  Daddy did a great job keeping him occupied while the hair stylist, Rabbit...(yes, her name was Rabbit), took the first snip.  She placed those first sweet little locks of blonde hair in a keepsake bag for us. 



At first Garrett sat still, not sure what to think.  Then the squirming and reaching out for Mommy began.  We tried distracting him with toy trains and even the TV remote, but he was done.  Capital D.O.N.E.  Initially I was adamant about the stylist using scissors to trim his hair because I didn't want it to be too short.  However, since Garrett was doing a cranky dance in Daddy's lap, I was afraid that the scissor cut could end up looking like a hot mess. 



Rabbit ended up using the clippers to finish off his hair.  She let him feel the buzzing vibration of the clippers, and he thought it was pretty funny.  This seemed to keep him calmer, and the process was much quicker...and I'm sure the final result was much cleaner!

 








His hair turned out much shorter than I'd hoped, but he still looked handsome in the end.


And yes, I cried. 

No comments: