Just like every weekend, this weekend flew by. Saturday morning Garrett and I met my two college roommates, Crystal and Tracy for brunch at Cafe Brazil. Tracy and Colton drove in from Austin for a quick visit. It was so good to visit, catch up, and see sweet little Colton. I can't believe how big he is. I hate that we live so far away from each other, but we always pick up where we left off each time we see each other. Crystal's two little ones came along too. They are so grown up, and were such a big help with Garrett and Colton. I'm sure Isabelle probably picked up Garrett's cup and car 1,000 times.

We were all laughing about how much things have changed. The kids at the table outnumbered us 4 to 3. We tried to get a picture of all of the kids together, but this was the best one we could manage. Ha!

Crystal and Tracy gave Garrett his birthday presents, and he loved them all. However, this one has captivated his attention. He will sit and play, pushing the balls down the holes or hammering them in, for at least 10 min. That's a LONG time for his little attention span! Once he's had enough he will move on to something else, but he will not leave the hammer behind. It's almost constantly in his hand. I'm a nervous wreck, because I just know he'll fall and poke his eye. Even Hank, an innocent bystander, has taken a few whacks. I just don't have the heart to "hide" it from him.
Tuesday morning we woke up to snow again. We left for school and work at our normal time, not knowing there would be a winter surprise to make our trip a little more daunting than usual. The roads really were not that bad. Most of the snow had melted on the main roads, but everyone was driving with caution. I dropped G off at school, and headed to work at 7:30. By 8:30, I'd put in a call to work letting them know I was going to be late. Around 9:00 my gas light came on, so I had to detour off the
Hopefully the next snow we have will result in some fun "stay-at-home" snow days instead of the "junky-drive-to-work" snow days!
Only 4 more days until little G is one!! We've been working hard to get everything ready for his big baseball party on Sunday. I can't wait to see his reaction to all of the decorations and cake. We are looking forward to spending his 1st birthday will all of our family, close friends, and neighbors.
Happy Wednesday!
Dawn





No comments:
Post a Comment