Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Eve

The day before Christmas our little family of 3 stayed home to spend some quality time together doing awesome pre-Christmas stuff!  Whomp, whomp, whomp...
 
This little guy woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  He was fussy and whiny all day long. 
 
 
Daddy woke up sick, and spent most of the day sneezing, coughing, and lounging on the couch. 
 
 
My plans to make cookies with G did not go as planned.  He threw a fit, complete with the arched back/limp body move, when I tried to get him to use the cookie cutters.  The dough was a flop as was sticking to everything.  Even Ryan tried to help.  We ended up with 3 broken cookies for Santa.  The rest were unsalvageable. 
 
After my failed attempt at making cookies, I tried my hand at a simple boxed red velvet cake.  I found some green butter cream icing with cute candy cane and Christmas tree sprinkles.  After my cake layers cooled, I placed them gently onto my cake platter only for them to crumble into a huge mess.  Seriously!  How hard is it to make a cake...from a box!  I proceeded to ice the cake thinking that the icing would mask the crumbly mess.  To my surprise I was one tub of icing short, and only had enough for about half the cake.  Ugh.  Once I added the sprinkles, I put the lid on and the cake out of sight.  I hope it tasted better than it looked.  We were so rushed on Christmas day that I didn't even get to try it. 

 
I had some other activities planned for Garret, but he was not interested at all!  The rest of the day was filled with tears from G.  Were we ever ready for bath and bedtime!!  Once it was time for bed, he perked up.  Of course!


 
As soon as his head hit the mattress, he was out.  I love when he sleeps with his booty in the air!
 

Once G went to bed, Ryan and I  put together his new rocking horse from Santa. 

 
I filled our stockings with goodies.  My mantle looks kind of sad with out my wreath and angels this year, but we never got around to getting the rest of the decorations down this year. 
 
 
Santa stopped by and left G a rocking horse, Melissa and Doug farm puzzle, activity blocks, and a sing along CD to listen to in the car. 

 

Even though the day didn't go as originally planned and my baking was a failure, I am thankful for my sweet little family and all that we have been blessed with this year.

No comments: