Monday, June 25, 2012

We Love the 80's

Wednesday afternoon Garrett and I took our sweet friend, Joleen, out to lunch to celebrate her birthday.  Her actual birthday was on Friday, so we had to send her a birthday wish. 


Friday night I took Garrett to spend the night with my mom and dad so that Ryan and I could go to our friend, Kristin's, birthday party. She wanted to do something different this year, so she had an 80's skating party. They rented out a room, but we practically had the whole place to ourselves. Everyone dressed up and we had a blast.





I remember going to the skating rink every weekend as a kid.  Just as I remembered, they did the limbo, races, backwards skating, and even the couple skate! Our "costumes" were kind of lame because we waited until the last minute to decide if we were going to be able to make it. I'm so glad we did. After we finished skating we headed to our friend, John's, new place for a while. Ryan's shirt was quite a hit. He had three different people ask him to do the "truffle shuffle" while we were there. We headed home pretty early since Ryan had to work the next day, but I'm glad we were able to go out and see some of our friends we haven't seen in a while. We needed a parent's night out. Thanks Mimi and Pawpaw for taking care of little G!

No comments: