Friday, June 29, 2012

SUYL Kid's Rooms

This week Kelly's Korner is hosting SUYL Kid's Rooms.  I had a blast designing and decorating Garrett's nursery.  It is one of my favorite rooms in our house.  The colors are so calming, and the decor is something that he can grow into.  From the start I knew that I didn't want something that was "baby-ish."
 
The bedding, mobile, and curtains are from Pottery Barn Kids.  I had the hardest time trying to find bedding that I liked.  I even tried to find good tutorials to make my own, but there just are not any good tutorials out there.  In the end, I'm so glad that we went with this bedding.  I like that the bumpers are not real thick, especially since G has started to roll over and squirm around in his crib.  The curtains are black out curtains, which are perfect for nap time!  


I absolutely LOVE the furniture. It was a gift from my parents, and we are so thankful for their generosity! They ordered it online from JC Penny and we were extremely pleased with the quality.  The little red rocking chair was mine, and it has been used by two of my cousins. We thought about repainting it, but I sort of like the rugged/used look. 

This mobile is one of my favorite pieces. I love the gentle movement it creates. My mom and I found this in the store at PB Kids. We found most of the other decorations at Hobby Lobby and while we were in Canton.  


 
 

We found the wooden "G" in Canton. It was just plain wood, so I painted it navy blue and added the dashed border with a paint pen. The street sign was ordered from a online sign store.


 

  Ryan's dad made Garrett this little toy box. The feet are rounded to match his furniture and the color of the stain matches perfectly.

 

Some of my friends from work ordered the license plate sign for us while they were in Canton. The cars around the mirror were Ryan's when he was a kid. He loves the Thunderbird below...it was his favorite.
Thanks for visiting Garrett's room!

4 comments:

Jill Curry said...

I love your son's room! Do you mind sharing what paint color you used? Thanks!

Dawn said...

Thank you! The paint is from Sherwin Williams. The ceiling is Blissful Blue and the walls are Cosmos.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so cute. That G looks perfect... love it!

Natasha said...

I love the cars glued to the mirror and the personalized street sign and the mobile. This is a great room!