Sunday, June 24, 2012

Finger Painting

I've been searching online for activities to do with infants, but there is not much available.  Everything I have found is geared toward toddlers or older kids.  After lots of searching on Pinterest, I came across this finger painting activity. 


First, you put some finger paint on paper.  Place the paper inside a Ziplock freezer bag, and tape it down to the table.  This is a brilliant idea since the paint never comes in contact with the baby.  It took Garrett a while to figure out what to do.  I stood him up and he would stomp away at the paint.  I think he liked the way it felt on his bare feet.  His attention span isn't very long right now, so he only played with it for a few minutes.  I will definitly do this again with him when he is older.  It would be great for practicing letters. 






Does anyone else have any ideas for entertaining an infant?



1 comment:

Kendall and Brooks said...

Have you been to this site yet? http://www.productiveparenting.com/
You can put in his age and it will give you age appropriate ideas!