Saturday, June 30, 2012

Painting with Patience

A few months ago a group of us purchased Groupons for a group painting session.  The Groupon was going to expire in the next two months, so we knew we'd better use it quick since August is always so busy with Ryan volunteering at the fair and me going back to work.  We were not able to work it out for everyone to go together, so my sweet friend, Joleen, and I went ahead and scheduled our session. 

We started out the night by trying out a new restarant, Villa Grande, with Ryan, Jeff, and Garrett.  It was delicious, and we will definitly be going back.  We dropped the boys back off at the house, and headed to Eskimo Hut for some drinks to take with us to paint. 

These painting classess are all the rage right now.  We went to a place called Painting with Patience.  It is a local business not far from our home. 


My version of a Monet...half-way there.


Joleen's with a great shadow!

 We had so much fun painting.  It was funny to listen to all of the conversations going on around the room.  The instructor and her husband were great.  She provided the instruction, and he provided the comic relief.  We were surprised at how many men were there to paint.  When we came home with our paintings, even our boys said they would be willing to go with us next time.   


I think we did a great job for our first time painting.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my painting, but I was thinking about hanging it up in my classroom.  We will have to keep an eye on their website and hopefully we can go back to try again. 

No comments: