Saturday, November 26, 2011

32 Weeks

As of Thanksgiving day I was 32 weeks.  Only 8 more weeks to go!  I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.  I have really enjoyed being pregnant, and will definitely miss it.  However, I can't wait for Garrett to finally arrive. 


A few weekends ago Ryan and I took a prenatal class.  We learned quite a bit, but the true lesson will come when Baby Mac arrives.  I have signed up for a breastfeeding class that I will take in a few weeks.  I'm a little concerned with being able to keep up with this when I go back to work since my schedule isn't what you would call flexible.

We had a great Thanksgiving with my family this year.  I didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving day!  I made my very first turkey this year.  We usually buy one from Boston Market or Dickey's, but this year we decided to try and make it ourselves.  I should have taken some pictures of it, but I forgot.  The flavor was great!  It soaked in a butter, garlic, and onion marinade overnight.  Then, it was rinsed and re-seasoned with some "Slap Your Mama,"  seasoned salt, and seasoned pepper. 

I also made some Oreo balls this year.  I've made cake balls before, but the Oreo balls are MUCH easier!!  Cake balls tend to fall apart a bit while dipping them in chocolate, but the Oreo balls are sort of "greasy" and seem to do much better with the chocolate coating.  I saw a tutorial online that suggested putting the leftover chocolate into a sandwich bag, then cutting a small hole in the corner.  Then, you squeeze the chocolate out to create the drizzled look.  It started out working well, but as you can see below, some large clumps squirted out making more of a blob effect than drizzle.  My sandwich bag busted, so I finished the drizzling using a spoon.  They were quite a hit!  Next year I'll probably make two batches since the Oreo balls do not make as many as the cake balls. 


My mom, aunts, cousin, and I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  We started out around 8:00 and finished up around 5:00 that evening.  I was surprised that I was able to keep up as long as I did.   


My back was starting to hurt toward the end, so we took a break and got some yogurt from Yogurt Story.  I'd never been before, but we have a new one right by my house.  I really liked the white chocolate mousse and the red velvet the best!  It could be dangerous now that I know this place is awesome and so close to home. 
I can't believe how quickly my Thanksgiving break has flown by.  I can't complain too much because when I go back to work on Monday, we will only have three weeks and two and a half days until Christmas break!!  We've got a lot to look forward to over the next few weeks.  Our re-do 3D/4D sonogram, a birthday dinner, book club, maternity pictures (weather permitting), and Ryan's family Christmas are all coming up this week.  It's going to fly by. 

No comments: