After our appointment, we met some friends for a birthday dinner at Coal Vines in Southlake. The food was delicious and we were all stuffed when we left.
Friday after work we had our book club meeting. We had the best baked potato soup and cornbread for dinner. I am so excited about our next book! Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors.
Saturday we had Ryan's family Christmas in Emory. They were so sweet and surprised me with a mini baby shower since most of them live far away and were not able to make it to the shower in November. They loaded us up with diapers!
On Sunday, my parents came up to visit and to finally get a look at Garrett's room. We went out to Olive Garden for lunch, and then we watched that disappointing Cowboys game. It was nice to have a relaxing day, and to spend some time with my mom and dad.
I had my 34 week appointment on Tuesday. It was quite the unexpected appointment. The doctor did the routine checking of the heartbeat, but had to leave to get another heart rate monitor because the batteries were low. When she started listening with the second monitor, she began checking my pulse and asking if I'd had any caffeine or taken any cold medicine that day. I haven't had any caffeine throughout my entire pregnancy...with an exception of some occasional chocolate. And I definitely haven't taken any cold medication, even when I was sick with a nasty cold. She then proceeded to tell me that she wanted to take a closer look at the baby's heart with a sonogram. I started to worry because doctors don't just "do sonograms" for any old reason. She found an arrhythmia or premature beats. We are going to a specialist today to get more information about what is going on. My doctor didn't seem too worried and said that typically they will outgrow this before they are born or a few months after. We are praying for good news this afternoon.
On Sunday, my parents came up to visit and to finally get a look at Garrett's room. We went out to Olive Garden for lunch, and then we watched that disappointing Cowboys game. It was nice to have a relaxing day, and to spend some time with my mom and dad.
I had my 34 week appointment on Tuesday. It was quite the unexpected appointment. The doctor did the routine checking of the heartbeat, but had to leave to get another heart rate monitor because the batteries were low. When she started listening with the second monitor, she began checking my pulse and asking if I'd had any caffeine or taken any cold medicine that day. I haven't had any caffeine throughout my entire pregnancy...with an exception of some occasional chocolate. And I definitely haven't taken any cold medication, even when I was sick with a nasty cold. She then proceeded to tell me that she wanted to take a closer look at the baby's heart with a sonogram. I started to worry because doctors don't just "do sonograms" for any old reason. She found an arrhythmia or premature beats. We are going to a specialist today to get more information about what is going on. My doctor didn't seem too worried and said that typically they will outgrow this before they are born or a few months after. We are praying for good news this afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment