Saturday, November 26, 2011

Garrett's Room

Garrett's room is finally finished, and we had so much fun decorating!  I'm really happy with how the "theme" turned out.  I think it is something that he will be able to grow into.


The bedding, mobile, and curtains are from Pottery Barn Kids.  We are still waiting for the sheets to come in.  They are white with navy blue stars.  Apparently they are very popular because they have been on back order for almost 4 months.  We did receive a $10 complimentary gift card from PBK for the extended wait time.  Nice!

I absolutely LOVE the furniture.  It was a gift from my parents, and we are so thankful for their generosity!  They ordered it online from JC Penny and we were extremely pleased with the quality. 

The little red rocking chair was mine, and it has been used by two of my cousins.  We thought about repainting it, but I sort of like the rugged/used look. 




This mobile is one of my favorite pieces.  I love the gentle movement it creates.  My mom and I found this in the store at PB Kids.  We found most of the other decorations at Hobby Lobby and while we were in Canton. 


The wooden Route 66 sign was a Canton find.  


This metal sign was also something we found in Canton.  However, the vendor wanted a ridiculous price, so we passed on purchasing it there.  We found a tag on the truck and looked up the manufacturer online.  It turned out that the "sign" was actually garden art.  The price from the manufacturer was half the price the vendor in Canton was asking, so we ordered it online.  The colors and details are a perfect match for the room. 



We found the wooden "G" in Canton.  It was just plain wood, so I painted it navy blue and added the dashed border with a paint pen.  The street sign was ordered from a online sign store.   




The wooden truck, picture frame, signs, and mirror (below) were all from Hobby Lobby.  Everything was 50% off!!


Some of my friends from work ordered the license plate sign for us while they were in Canton.  The cars around the mirror were Ryan's when he was a kid.  He loves the Thunderbird below...it was his favorite.  We still need to buy a changing pad and a cover.  Babies R Us has a navy blue changing pad cover that will match the room perfectly. 


I can't wait for Garrett to arrive...then the room will truly be complete!


1 comment:

Marla said...

Dawn- this room is....I don't know the word....perfect! Every detail! Love the street sign, the large G, the license plate, the cars in the mirror, the mobile....just everything! What a lucky little guy!