Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm Loving It


Guilty Pleasure TV

Dance Moms - This dance studio director is hard core!  She's good and produces results from her students.  There are lots of controversial practices that take place.  Some of the moms are NUTS!  Dance Moms comes on Wednesday nights on Lifetime.  You can watch full episodes online. 



Texas Women - This is a very stereotypical portrayal of "Texas Women."  It mostly takes place in the Ft. Worth area, and follows four women who are in the rodeo industry.  This comes on Thursday nights on CMT.


So You Think You Can Dance - I have been watching this show for years now.  I love that the dancers have to be skilled in different types of dance.  There is no "drama," just talent!  This week is the finale and I am sad to see the season coming to an end.  SYTYCD comes on Wednesday and Thursday nights on Fox.

 


For My Classroom

My classroom is in need of a makeover!  I went shopping at JoAnn's yesterday and found some of the cutest polka dot and turquoise fabrics.  They have the best teacher discounts!  I'm going to make some new curtains and table skirts.  I've been looking for some clever posters to hang, but I haven't had much luck.
 

A friend of mine sent me the link to this awesome lesson plan book a few weeks ago.  I LOVE it, but considering we get a free one through the school, it's hard justify paying $50.00.  They are custom and full color, but still too much for my teacher's budget.  Hoping for a sale sometime soon!  She also has really cute gift tags.  I am planning to order some for Christmas presents.

 
classic label -ornament gemscircle label -dots

 Baby Stuff

FitPregnancy - My mom had a friend from work that had a subscription to FitPregnancy magazine.  Since she's already had her baby, she is sending me the new arrivals!  This is sooo much better than reading the pregnancy books...much more entertaining. 



Boy or Girl -  Information about a new test that can predict the sex of a baby as early as seven weeks has been all over the news today.  This is a noninvasive procedure that tests the gender through DNA found in the mother's blood.  How awesome to find out so early!  I've only got three more weeks until we officially find out the gender of Baby Mac!!


Glitz and Glamour

OPI Texas Collection - I've always loved the names of OPI polishes.  Wouldn't it be fun to have the job of naming nail polishes?  I am loving Do You Think I'm Texy and Guy Meets Galveston. 

Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight - I've seen the commercial for this several times, and I'm intrigued.  I doubt that I would EVER go three days without washing my hair, so the 3-day guarantee is not a big deal to me, but the claim to keep frizz away even in the most humid conditions does spark my interest.  I may pick this up the next time I'm at the grocery store. 


1 comment:

Tara said...

I saw those cute planners too!! Debating on getting one....and you should do the Intelligender Test...we did it with Levi..and it was right!