Monday, August 15, 2011

Coming to an End

This weekend marked the last of my summer break. It's crazy to think that next summer I will have a three month old to spend the summer with. This summer has been amazing. Most summers every week is filled with inservice, cheer camp, and working Lego camps. By the end of the summer I am usually ready to go back to work just to get a break. However, this summer I didn't volunteer for anything school related and only worked one week of Lego camp, so I had a very relaxing summer. I'm sure it will be the last of many, so I really took advantage of it.


Ryan had to work on Saturday, so I headed to Richardson for a birthday party for the son of some of our dearest friends. His 3rd birthday was a firetruck theme complete with firemen and an actual truck! This little guy was in awe the entire time.

Saturday night we headed to the annual fair kick off party. Ryan volunteers at the North Texas State Fair and Rodeo every summer. The fair begins this Friday and I can't wait to see the Casey Donahew Band and the Randy Rogers Band play this year. They are also supposed to have a live shark experience...not to mention the rodeo. I'm hoping we will have some good weather this year. A little breeze and no humidity would be awesome! The fair week is so much fun, but it always falls on the first week back to school making it a very busy week.


Yesterday, my mom and I went back to school shopping and I bought my first maternity clothes. I found a few items to start out the school year with, but I didn't want to buy too much because the seasons will be changing soon, and I still have several dresses that I can wear while it's still hot outside. Most of my pants/shorts will still button, but they are starting to be uncomfortable. Also, one of my friends, Tara, is letting me borrow some of her maternity clothes. I did find two pairs of jeans that were buy one get one half off, so with the pants Tara gave me, I should be set with jeans. I'm having a hard time finding any cute black pants though. I did find a few cute pairs of earrings at Charming Charlie's! It's a good thing we don't have one close to where I live, or I might be in trouble.  I didn't do a 17 week "bumpdate," but here is my bump picture for last week.


Today was my first day back to work. There are going to be lots of changes this year, but I'm looking forward to a challenge. I'm going to be teaching a math class this year. Yikes! I've been teaching Language Arts for eight years now, so this will be quite a change. To celebrate the first day back a few friends from book club and I went to see The Help. The movie was great! I thought it was very true to the book, and I loved the way the characters were portrayed.

Headed to bed for another long day...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun birthday party!! I'm sure little boys were going CRAZY getting to see a real firetruck and firemen! So fun. And the Help...LOVED it. I thought they did areally great job of keeping it very true to the book. I hated that they couldn't go into more character detail and set-up, but I guess the movie was 2 hours and 20 minutes as it was! ha.