Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Playing Catch Up

I went back to work last week for inservice, and the week flew by!  I finished my curtains and new bulletin boards.  The curtains are a little plain, but I ran out of time.  I was hoping to put a teal stripe a few inches from the bottom.  My walls are still bare, but I want to put up lots of student work this year. Today is the second day of school, and so far it looks like I have a really good group of students.  The first two days have been really easy because we have "Wildcat Camp" to introduce the students to the rules and procedures of the school.  It's really beneficial to the incoming students because it gives them a few days to adjust to a new building and figure out where they are going.  Tomorrow we dive into the "real" teaching. 

Friday night some of my friends from work went with me to the fair to see The Casey Donahew Band.  It was sooo hot and crowded, but we still had fun.  We went through the Exhibit Hall and sampled some of the foods...chili, salsa, and some very interesting rope candy.  We visited the shark exhibit, and we were a little disappointed.  The sharks were all huddled together as though they were "sleeping," so it wasn't very exciting.  The concert was great though, and I'm planning to head back out sometime this week.  I'll definitely be out there on Friday for the Randy Rogers Band!   

Sunday afternoon we celebrated my Grandma's 76th birthday.  She is such a sweetheart!  It was nice to see her and spend some time with her since I don't get a chance to see her very often.   
I've been meaning to take an 18 week "bump" picture, but since I'll be 19 weeks in two days I guess I'll skip my 18 week picture and take one on Thursday.  I've started feeling a little bit of movement.  I mostly feel it after lunch or late at night.  It's very light, so I've really got to be paying attention.  This week Baby Mac LOVES water...I just can't get enough, and HATES Taco Casa...heartburn city!! 


Only one more week until we officially find out the gender of Baby Mac! I can't wait!! 


No comments: