Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Hunting We Will Go

Last weekend my husband and his friend, Jeff, decided to go varmint hunting. Cue the Redneck jokes.


Jeff's family has many acres of land, and with the ground being wet from all of the snow, this was a perfect time for them to burn the large brush piles on their property. Most of the snow from the past four days had melted and everything was wet and mushy, so there is no chance of the fire spreading. Of course many varmints (skunks, rabbits, etc.) make these brush piles their homes, and when the piles are burned, the little critters take off. That's when the hunting begins. Jeff shot two rabbits...poor Thumper.






We also did some target shooting, and I'm a terrible shot. It probably doesn't help that I close my eyes when I squeeze the trigger. I can't help it, it's a natural reflex to the BOOM! I was never around guns growing up, so I'm pretty awkward around them. Ryan accidentally peppered me with casings because I was standing to close while he was shooting.



It turned out to be a beautiful day. The sun came out and even though it was cold, we stayed warm visiting by the fire.



1 comment:

Alisha said...

Absolutely love that sunset picture!! Thanks for following!
Hope you have a wonderful day :)
xo