I was quickly approaching the big 3-0, and thought that a good goal would be to complete a half before my birthday. However, I was really afraid to do it alone, and I didn't exactly have people knocking down my door to join me. My 30th birthday came and went.
A few weeks ago my oldest, best buddy, Crystal, and I were talking about running. She has been working out like a mad woman for the past year, has lost a ridiculous amount of weight, and looks amazing. Supermodel. I asked if she would be interested in running with me, and after a little persuading, she committed! We signed up two weeks ago, and have started training.
I must say that I am very intimidated and have a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to finally doing it! We are running in the Big D 1/2 marathon on April 10th. This was the first 5K that Christie and I completed several years ago.

Off to pound some concrete,
No comments:
Post a Comment