Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

Five years ago this sweet little thing was the flower girl in my wedding. And now, here she is, all grown up at the ripe old age of 11. She'll be starting middle school for crying out loud!


She has grown into a beautiful young lady. She's...
smart
funny
caring
animated
prim and proper
loving
polite
and the BEST cousin ever!

I LOVE the look on her face here...pure shock and joy!


Sweet Grandma and Dedra

Here is a picture of the Nintendo DS case I made for her birthday. The button is adorable if I do say so myself.


Happy 11th Birthday Dedra!!!


2 comments:

Marla said...

Hey Dawn! I love all of your sewing crafts and the baby quilts you have made. I was just wondering....do you bind your quilts yourself? And what kind of batting do you use?

I have made quilt tops for my girls, but they are just sitting around waiting to be quilted!! I need to get on it!

Dawn said...

Thanks Marla! The quilts I've made are "rag quilts," so the binding process is much easier. I haven't tried binding a traditional quilt. I'm scared to try. The batting is flannel sandwiched between the layers.

I found tons of rag quilt tutorials online, but most of them are for the traditional squares. I decided to try the strips and it worked out fine. The only difference is that I didn't bind each strip. They pucker a little after washing, but I think it looks cute.