Saturday, July 17, 2010

Crafty Friday

My little buddy Caitlyn came over to hang out with me on Friday. She is the daughter of some of our close friends, Jeff and Joleen. I was planning to make a dress for the granddaughter of a friend of mine, and I thought it would be fun for Caitlyn to help me. Learning to sew a straight line was a snap. She practiced on some scrap material for a little while, and then I let her sew some of the straight lines on the dress I was making. What a natural!

The dress turned out great, and it is by far my favorite. I made a little bow to match the dress. It is attached to an alligator clip and can be worn with or without the headband.

Once we finished up the dress, Caitlyn had a brilliant idea. She wanted to make a case for her Nintendo DS. We searched for patterns online and modified a camera case to fit. Luckily I have a DS and we were able to measure and make a pattern. We made it a little bigger than the DS so that she could fit some games in the case as well. She picked out a cute zebra print and silver sparkle fabric to make her cover. With a little help, she designed and made her very own case. I'm planning to make another cover for my cousin, Dedra, this weekend.

She is such a sweet-heart! Thanks Catilyn for a fun Friday.

No comments: