Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Babies Everywhere

Something is in the water and I'm afraid to drink it...for now. Courageously, all of our friends are having babies. My sewing machine thanks them because I now have a new hobby of making baby items.



Two of our dear friends, Chase and Jennifer, are expecting a baby boy any day now. This is going to be one luck young man. I went to Jennifer's shower a few weeks ago, and I must say that she is the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen. Picking out a gift is hard for me because I can rarely make up my mind as to which item(s) to choose from the registry. Confused and frustrated, I decided to make the gift. Searching the web for cute patterns, I came across a simple design that my novice ability could handle. Because I'm sneaky and probed for information about the baby's room from Jennifer, I was able to find coordinating fabrics to match the room. Making the blanket was so much fun, and I hope that little Eli enjoys it too.
Kristin, who also drank the water, is due at the end of the month. She has decorated her nursery using a vintage airplane theme, complete with actual propellers, old pictures of her grandfather building a model airplane, and her grandfather's flight crew.


Wanting to make baby Conner a blanket to match his room, I headed to JoAnn's to find the perfect fabrics. As I was contemplating denims and plaids, I heard a very familiar voice. It was Kristin, and I was busted. She was there picking out fabrics for her baby bedding with her mom. I really wanted it to be a surprise, but it worked out perfectly because I was able to get materials that would truly coordinate with his room. Her mom made the crib bedding and everything matches perfectly.


I am so happy for all of our soon-to-be-parent friends! I'm looking forward to cuddling these sweet babies.


Trying to resist the water,

1 comment:

Kendall and Brooks said...

You're so talented!!!! You can come baby sitt anytime you want to satisfy your baby bug :) hehe