Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday

-ONE-
Garrett started his new class this week.  I'm really excited about his new teachers and all of the fun activities they have planned for the year.  The librarian will visit his class each week, they begin going to chapel twice a week, water days once a week during the summer, and they even have Spanish class each week!  Ms. Sarah is his lead teacher and she remembers the first day that Garrett began school here.  She said it broke her heart (because I was a blubbering mess!) when we dropped him off that first day, but she has enjoyed watching him grow and is so happy to have him in her class.  The second day in his new class I got a phone call and we had to pick him up because he was running fever.  Poor guy was feeling awful.  This is his first time to have to take antibiotics, and that has been quite a struggle.  His medicine is really thick and bitter.  He instantaneously spit it out and started gagging.  We even had the pharmacist add some grape flavoring, but he wasn't having it.  We've bribed him with M&Ms and having him taking "shots" of chocolate milk mixed with his antibiotic.  What ever it takes, right!?!  Grandma saved the day and stayed with Garrett since I am ending the school year and my kiddos are presenting projects for their semester exams this year.  He had a blast spending some quality time and getting spoiled by Grandma.  

Never too sick to play with his choo-choos though!
-TWO-
We started our beach countdown this week.  Garrett knows we are going, but he doesn't understand why we can't go NOW.  I thought this might help him visualize how long it will be until we head off to the beach.  He takes a crab down every day and puts it in his sand bucket.  Now, when we ask him, "When are we going to the beach?" he says, "When my crabs gone."

It's the end of the school year, and I had some Scholastic Book points that I needed to spend, so when I ordered some books for my classroom, I also picked out a few to go along with our beach theme for Garrett.  We read Five Little Sharks over and over last night.  I like that it is repetitive and he tries to read along with me.  





-THREE-
Our welcome packet for our vacation arrived this week!  I'm so excited about our condo.  It's newly renovated and a stone's throw from the shore.  This will be Garrett's and my first trip to Florida.

 -FOUR-
Ryan and I have started looking at new entry doors for the house.  We have different ideas of what we'd like to get, and haven't really found something that we both like.  We know we want a 3/4 lite door to brighten up our entry, but we can commit to a design yet.  I love the scroll work, but need one that is not too fancy for our house.   
 Ryan is leaning toward a Texas star door, but I'm just not 100% on it.  I do like the arch at the top of this one.  It matches the sets of arches that lead into our house from the front door.  I'd love to find something that combines our ideas though.   

-FIVE-
Today is my last day of school, and I can't wait to spend it with this little guy!  Today his class was having a Teddy Bear picnic.  I made him bear shaped sandwiches and packed Teddy Grahams in his lunch.  He cracks me up because he didn't want to take any of his bears today.  He insisted on taking his beloved fish!  
I have been blessed with an amazing group of students this year.  I will truly miss them, but look forward to watching them grow over the next two years.  

Happy Summer!



No comments: