I have been absolutely spoiled rotten this week! Between Teacher Appreciation week and Mother's Day, I'm going to need some new pants.
I kind of dropped the ball this year. I usually try to do something each day of the week for Garrett's teachers, but ended up winging it. We ran by the donuts shop for some donut holes and whipped up a little card for them. Garrett colored it while I was getting ready for work that morning.
My sweet students showered me with chocolate, gift cards, flowers, sweet cards, and even some video e-mails with messages thanking me for being their teacher and telling me what they love about my class.
I had a little fun with Photoshop while my students were in the library and I made a quick little something for Garrett's teachers. Garrett loves M&M's and so does one of his favorite teachers, Ms. Veronica, so this was the perfect little token of appreciation.
Our hospitality committee at the school stopped by to deliver all of the teachers on our campus a little treat from Nothing Bundt Cakes. If you have never had one before, please do. It's totally worth it! Our amazing PTA also catered Babes for our lunch last Friday...see why I need a bigger pair of pants!
Friday night Ryan and I attended my district's awards banquet. I was so honored to receive an award as Teacher of the Year. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and got to see so many friends that teach at schools all over the district. It's hard to believe that I've been teaching for 11 years now!
One of my very best friends, Christie, came to support me too. She is such an amazing teacher and friend! We were cheer coaches together for five years and have taught together for at least 8 years. I don't know what I'd do without her!!
I was thrilled to run into my former principal. She retired two years ago, but is still a new teacher mentor for the district. She was an amazing person to work for, and I have learned so much from her over the years.
![]() |
| My current principals and Mr. Staten, who received his 20 years of service recognition too. |
Saturday morning I got to get out of the house and do some shopping all by myself. I rarely have any alone time, so I soaked up every minute. While I was out I found this cute sign to hang above our entry door. It's hard to believe we've almost been in our new house for a year, and I'm just starting to get things up on the walls.
I also found this piece to hang in the dining room. Now I just need to find something to hang on both sides to balance it out. The colors match almost perfectly with my curtains!
That afternoon Ryan fired up his new smoker and cooked some ribs for dinner. Garrett played his little heart out and we even pulled out the swimming pool for the first time this year. He had a blast! We had two surprise visits from friends who were in the area while we were relaxing in the sun.
Garrett worked hard to color cards for Mimi, Grandma, and Aunt Diana this Mother's Day.
Garrett made this sweet little flower pot for me at school. He was so excited to show it to me. He and Ryan got me a gift card and some new pots and pans that I've been wanting. This weekend was absolutely perfect. I loved every minute with my sweet little guy that made me a mom and spending time with my amazing mom!
Happy Mother's Day!

























No comments:
Post a Comment