Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

The week of Easter, I came down with bronchitis and double pink eye as an added bonus.  I did get to take a day off of work and did some sewing and cleaning though.  

I made some "bunny bait" for Garrett's teachers to enjoy.    

While I was home with pink eye, I made this little Easter shirt for Garrett to wear to his class party.  I'd found the idea on Etsy the day before, and found some cute fabrics and a t-shirt at Hobby Lobby.
The next morning this little guy was in a mischievous mood.  Everything out of his mouth has recently started with, "No want!"
I manged to sneak a few pictures before we headed out the door!

Stinker!
His teachers sent this picture of his class before their Easter egg hunt.  I love all of the volunteers at the church peeking through the doors to watch the little ones have some fun.  Garrett was so excited to show me all of his eggs that he found and his bunny crafts that they had made throughout the week.  
Sunday morning we woke up early to head out to go to church with Mimi and Pawpaw to celebrate the true meaning of Easter.  Before heading out, Garrett found the treat that the Easter bunny left for him.




I just love this sweet smile!

After church and lunch, we headed to Mimi and Pawpaw's house for an Easter egg hunt.  Someone was showing how awesome it is to be two.  He sure has been showing his stubbornness independence recently!

I was hoping to get one good family picture, but between my swollen eyes (no contacts for a week!) and a sleepy toddler, this was the best we could muster.

Uncle Richard, Dedra, and Aunt "Dina"



Mimi & Pawpaw

A little better...

Doing a little afternoon reading.  

Mmmm...chocolate.











He finally crashed in the car as we drove to see Grandma and Grandpa, Chad, Summer, and Hunter.  
He woke up in a good mood and was ready to find more "Ea-sah eggs."












Grandma found some fun confetti eggs for the boys to smash.






 



Treats from Grandma and Grandpa


Bubble time!




This picture makes me laugh.  We were preparing for dinner and as I was filling my cup with ice,  I noticed that my bracelet was a little heavier than normal.

We all had a great weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Savior and spending time with our families!

No comments: