Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Years

Ryan and I rang in the new year with some of our friends this year.  We were home and tucked in bed by 12:30.  My, how things have changed.
Ryan had to work on New Year's Day, so Garrett and I went to visit Mimi and Pawpaw.  Pawpaw had the idea of taking Garrett to Bass Pro Shop to see the animals.  He had a blast checking out the turtles and fish.



He played so hard that he slept right through our stop for some frozen yogurt.  He was all snuggled up with his new fish that he found at BPS.

He carries this guy around all the time now and has to have him tucked in right beside him when he goes to bed at night.  

I sure enjoyed being off of work for two weeks and hanging out with this guy.  He has recently become obsessed with tunnels.  We mad a huge tunnel in our room and he played under there for almost an hour all by himself.  I'd check on him to see what he was doing, but every time I'd poke my head in, he would point and tell me no.  He just needed some alone time to play with his puzzles and to read some books.
We also bundled up and went to explore a new park not far from our house.  I have some of the best videos of him climbing up a huge maze and sliding down slides (that towered above my head) all by himself.  I'm not sure if I should be worried or proud that he has no fear, but for now I'll stick with proud. We will definitely be back when it warms up again.

Ryan and I had a night out to celebrate our friend, Kevin's, birthday.  We went out for dinner, and then spent hours bowling and laughing.
Garrett also got to do some jumping that weekend as he helped to celebrate Cooper's 4th birthday.  I can't believe he's already 4!

2014 is off to a great start.  2013 was an amazing year for our family and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year.  

No comments: