Just before the Christmas break, I happened to come across Cadbury Christmas eggs!! What!? These little pieces of heaven are my kryptonite. I usually squirrel a few packs away around Easter, but now I can enjoy them more than once a year!
The week before school was out one of my sweet students brought me a gift for Garrett. I think it is one of my all time favorite gifts I've ever received from a student. How thoughtful to think of my family! Garrett colored away with his new markers. We made a little video of him telling her thank you, and I shared it with her at school.
My friend Tara tipped me off on some great class Christmas gift finds at Walgreen's this year. I was hoping to find the cute Mickey puzzles that she found, but they only had two left. However, I found these cute Mickey coloring books that were perfect for his friends at school.
I found these adorable key fobs on clearance at Hobby Lobby for Garrett's teachers. I may or may not have picked up one for myself! Garrett helped my wrap them up in a little box with some chocolate truffles.
I wanted to do something for our new neighbors too. I put this together and Garrett and I walked them over for delivery. I wanted him to give it to them. He did so good saying Merry Christmas, and he even told them thank you. I was a little worried about him willingly passing these off to them since he's had some sharing issues. #onlychildproblems
My mom, Aunt Diana, Dedra and I had a special girls night out. We went to see my Grandma's new headstone and place some Christmas flowers on her grave. I just know she would have thought they were beautiful. As we arrived at the cemetery, a light fog began to roll in. Within a matter of minutes, the fog literally engulfed the area. It was quite scary driving back in the fog.
After our time with Grandma, we ventured out for dinner and Christmas lights. We found a great neighborhood in Plano that was filled with beautiful decorations. I think Garrett would have loved to have seen all the lights, but it was nice to have a little girl time!
We always have our "Holiday Extravaganza" the day before school is out for the break. I was so shocked and honored to be announced the Teacher of the Year at my school at the end of the production. I was presented with this beautiful flower arrangement too! Now, I get to start the essay writing that is submitted to the district. Wish me luck!








2 comments:
Oh man, I am loving that teal leopard print key fob!! I may have to see if they still have them!! And congrats on teacher of the year, that's awesome!!
Thanks girl! They were in the area with the stuff to make headbands and accessories for toddlers at my Hobby Lobby. They were super cheap too!
Post a Comment