I've never really been a fan of Halloween. The grotesque masks and horror movies are just not my cup of tea, but put a couple of cute kids in some creative costumes and pass out some candy and I am all about it.
Thursday morning we gave Garrett a little bag of goodies to start his day off right. I found this cute little Frankenstein bag at Kirkland's…oh how I miss our Kirkland's!!
We filled it with glow sticks, a new book, some Play-Doh, Halloween stickers, and a tractor. He tossed everything aside and fell in love with his tractor. I mean, it's so much cooler than candy!
He played and played while I was getting ready for work. It took quite a bit of convincing to get him to leave his new toy at home so we could head off to school.
His school had a Halloween parade, a special lunch, and carnival type activities for all of the kids to participate in. I wish I'd have sent a camera like I did last year. His teachers took a few with the iPad, but they all turned out blurry.
Last year Garrett was still too small to actually go trick-or-treating, but we had fun dressing him up anyway. This year was so much fun because he is walking and talking. I must admit that I was afraid that he would be scared to go up to the doors and that he would be scared of the other kids in costumes, especially the older kids that like the creepy, bloody masks.
Our little scarecrow was not scared at all. Fortunately we didn't see any "scary" costumes while we were out and about. He was so excited to head out and do some trick-or-treating as soon as we had our first few visitors at the house. He practiced a little with Grandma and Mimi in the house while we were waiting for Daddy to get home from work.
We headed out and made our first stop next door at our sweet neighbors' house. He walked right up with Mimi, knocked, and immediately started saying, "Thank You!" He's got to be the most polite toddler I know! I just love his sweet and sincere demeanor.
We made our way around the block, knocking and attempting to say, "Trick-or-treat," followed by many more "thank you"s.
He's always been a shoe man, and he was sure to show everyone his shoes before leaving some of the houses. I think he liked the fringe that was covering his shoes.
He was determined to carry his bag without help. By the end of the night he was dragging it along behind him.
The last stop of the night was back at our house where we surprised Grandpa.
He picked out a sucker and a Reese's peanut butter cup before we "relocated" his bag for the night.
We enjoyed spending our Halloween night with Grandma, Grandpa, Mimi, and Pawpaw again this year.









No comments:
Post a Comment