I'm not a huge punch fan, but one recipe made such an impression on me that I've changed my tune and enthusiastically volunteered to be in charge of the punch. My friend Raye Anne made this at my baby shower, and it was amazing. Thanks to Pinterest she was able to find the recipe for me!
Our friend Katy had a great idea of having a DIY yogurt bar to go along with the other dishes served, and it was a hit.
I made some chocolate pops shaped like lions, zebras, elephants, and giraffes to go along with the shower theme. The first batch I made was a disaster, but after a little trial and error, they turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.
Trey's mom found the most adorable bear. He plays peek-a-boo, raising and lowering the blanket as he talks.
This was such a clever gift idea. The tub was full of anything and everything you can think of that you may need for a sick baby. It was filled with creams, soaps, lotions, thermometers, children's medicines, gauze, etc. Dr. Smiths is my absolute favorite diaper rash cream! Did you know that they make Pedialyte in travel "Crystal Light" type packets?
I found this adorable and reasonably priced travel wipes case on Etsy through Julia Scott Designs and had to order one for Brittany. My friend Tara had one made for me back when Garrett was born, and I never leave home without it. I am always impressed with vendors that ship quickly and have cute wrapping or packaging in addition to a quality product, and JSD did just that!
Baby Drew should be here mid September, and we can't wait to meet him!
In other news, my sweet cousin, Dedra, celebrated her 14th birthday this past week. I can't believe she will begin high school this year...slow down time!!
Garrett had a blast playing with Dedra's guinea pigs, Snickers and Chewy. He thought he was big stuff holding them both in his lap.
| Dedra and her little brother, Deandre. |
Because every little guy needs to take a balloon home from a party! Sam and Lacy, my aunt and uncle's dachshunds are obsessed with popping balloons. Sam turns into a machine, stopping at nothing to reach that balloon.
Garrett was laughing hysterically as Sam tried to catch the balloon.
Soooo close!
Poor guy was so disappointed that he never reached that balloon, but Garrett was thrilled to take it home to play with. He probably said "boon" a thousand times before he fell fast asleep in a car seat coma.
Looking forward to my last full week of summer break!
No comments:
Post a Comment