I promise he really did have fun despite the look on his face. Ha!
After the parade Garrett and I headed to Mimi and Pawpaw's house for some burgers and fun. Pawpaw cooked out on the grill, and we all played games in the backyard while enjoying the unusually cool summer weather.
I gave myself a red, white, and blue manicure for the occasion.
That night, all of the girls and G loaded up and headed out to The Harbor to watch the fireworks. We saw several great firework shows looking out over the lake.
During the week leading up to the 4th, Garrett and I attempted some patriotic crafts. We tried painting fireworks out of pipe cleaners, but it really just turned out to be messy streaks across the paper, not to mention that G was more interested in watching an episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
A few days later we tried something new. I taped off a small canvas that I had laying around the house and let him paint away.
I love how this turned out, and it makes a great decoration for the house!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!











No comments:
Post a Comment