Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Game Time

Our little family had a fun weekend.  Friday night we had dinner with some friends, Ryan's brother, my "future sister-in-law," and her son Hunter.  Garrett was "that kid" during dinner.  He was overly hungry and tired, resulting in a good old fashioned tantrum complete with food throwing.  It was awesome.  I can still feel the burn of the stink eye from nearby patrons.  

Ryan devoured his dinner while I wrangled our Banshee.  Aunt Joleen and Uncle Jeff were able to coax him into eating some guacamole with a tea spoon.  Once the bowl was empty, he unsuccessfully attempted to catapult refried beans across the room.  Ryan wrestled Garrett into the car for a drive around the block while I scarfed down my meal.  The car seat does wondrous things for a sleepy baby. After a quick power nap, he was a new person. 

Garrett had a blast playing with Caitlyn and Hunter!
These two busy boys work Caitlyn out. Ha!
The next morning I took Garrett to spend the night with Mimi and Pawpaw so Ryan and I could have a night out with friends.  Our friend Mindy organized a great night out to see the Rough Riders play.  They have a "covered wagon" package that included our tickets, a ball cap, unlimited food and drinks, and unlimited beer and wine through the end of the 7th inning.  The Rough Riders could not get their bats fired up, but we enjoyed the game nonetheless.  We even dodged some rain thanks to our covered, reserved area.  After the rain passed, there was a cool breeze and the humidity vanished making the weather just perfect for a game of baseball. 


While we had a blast at the game, that night I suffered an awful battle with food poisoning.  Thankfully it passed quickly and I was able to sleep in the next morning and recover.  That afternoon I went to pick up Garrett, but before we left we spent some time with Mimi and Pawpaw enjoying the amazing weather and playing in the back yard.
This may just be one of my all time favorite pictures.  I just love how much these two adore each other.
Before heading back home, Garrett and I went to see Grandma and Grandpa.  They had just arrived back home from their two week journey to Germany.  We had so much fun hearing all about their adventure, seeing their beautiful pictures, and souvenirs.  I can't wait to see the rest of their pictures when they get them all developed.  

Welcome home!

I only have two more days of school until summer break.  I'm so excited I can't stand it!

No comments: