Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Weekend

Summer fever has officially set in, and this long weekend just made my symptoms worse.  Garrett and I spent Saturday afternoon enjoying some quality  time with family and playing while Daddy was at work.  Sunday was a lazy morning of snuggles followed by a trip to Sports Clips for a hair cut.  This was Garrett's third hair cut, so he's becoming quite the professional.  He wasn't really thrilled about the process.  In fact, his bottom lip was puckered out the majority of the time accompanied by a few short lived whimpers.  He never cried, but he never took his eyes off of those clippers.  His patience paid off with his very first sucker!  That poor shirt was soaked with sticky grape slobber, and he was the happiest kid on the planet.  I was paranoid about him having it in the car and choking while we were on the road back home, so when I took it away I broke his heart.  I'm sure people walking by were just sure I was hurting him!  Don't worry...I let him finish it when we got home.    
  

Monday afternoon we celebrated Memorial Day with family.  Poor Ryan had to work from 7:00-7:00!  My dad grilled burgers and hot dogs for us all to enjoy.  



Two of my aunts, Aunt Sue and Aunt Shirley, were able to come and join us.  It was such a nice treat to have them there!

After lunch we loaded Garrett up in the stroller and headed down the street to the Veterans Memorial Park.  Garrett played with Dedra and did some swinging with Mimi.  The weather was overcast and hot, but with a nice breeze we were able to enjoy some time outside.  












In just a few short weeks, this little lady will officially be finished with middle school and moving on to become a freshman in high school.  WHAT!?!  How did that happen so fast!?!

Daddy surprised us at the park.  He stopped by on his lunch break for some play time with Garrett and to enjoy some yummy food!






I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but there were airplanes and helicopters flying overhead like crazy!



We took some time to check out the memorial walk and read about so many young men, sons, and fathers who have lost their lives fighting for our freedom.  This memorial was built to honor those from our county who are missed, but not forgotten.


That afternoon we watched the Rangers in a sluggish game against Seattle.  It was another tough loss, but we enjoyed cheering them on nonetheless.  Garrett was impressed with Uncle Richard's Texas Rangers T.  He kept pointing at his shirt and then back at Uncle Richard's, pointing out their matching Ts.


Playing Angry Birds with Dedra

Sisters
We had an amazing weekend celebrating freedom and family!







1 comment:

Tara said...

Yeah, you're back!!! Loved catching up!!