Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Oh Dear

Ryan works just around the corner from where our new house is being built, so he frequently drives by and snaps pics of the house progress with his phone.  This is the last picture that he sent me.  It was preceded with a message that the stone on the fireplace was finished.  That's great news, right!?!  Ugh, not when you see that your fireplace is ORANGE!!!


I thought maybe it was the bad lighting of a cell phone picture.  Maybe the mortar was just wet.  But when I drove by to see it in person, I confirmed my fear.  It is seriously the color of dirt you would find on a baseball field.   The stone should be "chocolate" as the builder calls it, not red or orange.


I marched right over to talk to our sales rep.  She couldn't deny that we were looking at orange and red stone.  She assured me that a representative would be coming out soon to fix the problem.  Well, let's hope so, or some heads are going to roll!!  *Shakes fist.*





1 comment:

Donnell Days said...

Love seeing all of your house posts! I think you and I are in the same world right now!! Garrett is absolutely precious!! Hope you all are doing well. :)