Sunday, March 24, 2013

Road Trip

This Saturday my mom, Garrett and I went to Austin for Colton's 2nd birthday.  We headed out early and G slept the majority of the way there.  We made one stop for lunch and to do some shopping on our way there.







The kids had so much playing outside.  It was crazy to see such a big difference in the temperature from our house to Austin.  It was actually hot there.  I'm just not ready for that summer heat yet.  Despite the heat, Garrett was determined to be outside.  We were all sweaty, his cheeks were red, and we needed to head inside to cool down.  Yet, he was not ready to come in.  He cried and cried, reaching up to perfect strangers in hopes that one of them would take pity on him and take him outside.




 

Colton had a great party and was exhausted from all of the fun.  


I had fun catching up with my old college roommates.  I wish we could see each other more often though!


After the party, we headed back home.  Garrett was a trouper and was in a great mood most of the day.    He slept until we made it back to my parents' house.  After we dropped my mom off, Garrett and I braved the rain and made it home around midnight.    

 

No comments: