Friday, August 3, 2012

Lego Camp

This past week I taught a week of Lego camp in my hometown.  I've been teaching these summer camps for about 4 years now.  The pay is awesome, and for the most part the job is really easy.  It is a summer program at recreation centers or schools in which the kids build projects made completely of Legos.  Each project uses motors, wires, and batteries to make the creation move in some way. I was very lucky this year because my classes were really small and the kids were very well behaved.  Typically the classes have 15-30 kids in each class, but I only had 8 in each of my classes this year.  When the classes are huge, it is very hard to manage due to all of they help they need finding pieces and putting the projects together.  I'm pretty sure this will be my last year to teach this camp, but then again I say that every year.  The extra money is just so hard to pass up.  Garrett stayed with Pawpaw while I was away during the day.  Mimi took off Monday and Tuesday to help out play with Garrett too.  Dedra came to stay the night Tuesday and help out on Wednesday and Thursday. 
Monday night, one of my childhood friends, Beverly, brought her two girls over to visit.  It was so good to see her and her girls. They are absolutely precious.  Little Faith has the most beautiful dimples ever!  Madison and Garrett mostly stared at each other and took turns drooling and chewing on each other's toys. 







On Tuesday night, we took Garrett to see his Grandma and Grandpa.  Grandma cooked us all an amazing dinner complete with salad, pot roast and veggies, rolls, and a delicious coconut pie.  She definitely spoiled us!  I am so glad that I have amazing in-laws, and that they and my parents get along so well.  I wanted to get a picture of Garrett with all 4 of his grandparents while we were there visiting.  He is very lucky to have 4 loving grandparents that would do anything for him!




When we finally made it home Thursday night, it was priceless to see how excited Garrett was to see his Daddy and Hank.  His face lit up and his feet were kicking.  Garrett and I had a blast this week, but we were glad to be back home with Ryan!

No comments: