Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday I had the honor of celebrating my first Mother's Day as a mom!  In just a few short months I have found a whole new respect for my mom.  I am so thankful to have such a kind, caring mother who is willing to do anything for her family.  I pray that I will be just like her and will raise Garrett to have high moral standards, to be kind, smart, and most importantly to love the lord. 


When I picked Garrett up from school on Friday there was a sweet card in his locker.  He'd made this specially for me.  I love the sweet little footprints! 

This Sunday was a very busy day!  Garrett let me sleep in until 7:30, and then he and Ryan got up to give me my Mother's Day present.  Ryan said Garrett picked it out all by himself.  I think he did an awesome job!!


We headed out to have lunch with my parents and my grandma.  I'm so glad my grandma was able to make it.  She hasn't been feeling well, but I think it did her some good to get out of the house.  After lunch we went back to my parents' house to hang out for a while.  We had the best surprise because my aunt, uncle, and cousins stopped by.  They got to see Garrett for the second time.  Before heading out, my mom surprised me with a cute pair of earrings.  They were actually a pair that she'd bought be before, but I'd lost one of them and was heartbroken.  Now I can wear them again!

I love Mimi!

I could listen to you all day Mimi...wait, maybe I'll stare at your shirt.
After we left my parents' place, we headed out to see Ryan's mom.  I am so thankful to have such a sweet mother-in-law.  She has always made me feel like a part of the family, is so thoughtful, and raised a sweet boy that I love dearly.  

Snuggles with Grandma

I love you Grandma!
We enjoyed spending the afternoon with Ryan's mom, dad, and brother.  Garrett loves his Grandma, and thinks his Grandpa and Uncle Chad are pretty funny.  Ryan's mom gave me the cutest, softest pair of pajamas.  She also gave little G two new books and a cute outfit.  Unfortunately, we had to cut our visit short.  My cough was back with a vengeance, and I'm pretty sure I was running fever again.

I can't thank God enough for giving me such amazing women to look up to!  I'm glad I got to spend time with all of them this weekend.  I love you Mom, Grandma, Dee, Aunt Diana, and Aunt Davina!!

No comments: