Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Teacher Appreication Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week!  God truly had a plan for Garrett and his care upon my return to work.  We could not ask for a better place and better people to keep him while we are at work.  All of his teachers LOVE  him to death.  They swear he is the happiest baby they have ever seen.  Leaving my child with "strangers" to go back to work is one of the scariest things I have ever done, but within the first week I felt 100% comfortable leaving him each day.  They are no longer strangers to us.  One of his teachers told me that they were like a big family, and I see what she means now.  The staff treats each child as if they were their own, showing them genuine love and affection.  Garrett's teachers are amazing.  Each of his teachers are genuinely happy to be doing their jobs.  I know how exhausting it can be to take care of one sweet little boy, but taking care of several...whew...they have one tough job.  That being said, we wanted to do something special for Garrett's teachers to show them our thanks for all that they do for our family.  The director organized a breakfast and cookout lunch for the staff, so we took some hot dog buns for the cook out and made some goodie bags for his teachers.  



Being a teacher myself, I know how much I enjoy a little "Thank You" every once in a while.  This year one of my students gave me a Starbucks gift card, another made me some Oreo balls (de-lish!), and I received tons of sweet letters and handmade gifts.  I love my students to death and hate to see them move on.  I hope that Garrett will learn to love school and that he will always have a strong respect for his teachers in the future. 

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all of the teachers out there! 

No comments: