Sunday, April 29, 2012

Car Show

This weekend Ryan and I took Garret to a car show they were having at Ryan's work.  There were so many unique cars to see.






Ryan's boss entered his truck in the show.


Car enthusiasts really put a LOT of money and creativity into their cars.  The weather was nice, but it was really starting to get hot.  I was afraid that Garrett and I, with our fair complexions, would get sunburned, so we didn't stay very long.  Ryan's company provided free hot dogs for all of the families that came out to the show.  There was a bounce house, gaming station, and face painting.  And the car show wouldn't have been complete without an Elvis impersonator.


I love that Ryan works for such a family friendly business.  They always have family picnics to show their appreciation toward their employees and their families. 

After the car show, Ryan painted the main wall in our kitchen again.  With a 75lb. Basset Hound running around shaking drool on the walls, we needed to paint this wall with something that would allow us to wipe down the walls without the paint and texture rubbing off.  We really didn't want to use glossy paint because it would really stand out against all of the flat painted walls in the house, so we found something called a satin finish that will withstand the scrubbing, yet will not be too shiny.  We have a small home that does not let in a lot of natural lighting, so I was worried that the new color would be to dark and make the house look even darker.  However, I really love how the new color turned out.  There is nothing better than a freshly painted room!


No comments: