Friday, October 14, 2011

Sneak Peak

Baby Mac's room is coming along nicely.  The room has undergone quite a transformation.  We are very lucky to have so many of our friends and our families to help us out in making little Garrett's room perfect. 

The room started out as our office junk room.  We've since then moved the treadmill into our bedroom (not ideal, but it'll work), bought a laptop to replace the desktop computer, and boxed up tons of junk to store in the attic.


With the help of our friends Jeff and Joleen, Ryan painted the room two shades of blue.  The ceiling is a lighter shade of blue than the walls.  I love the way the colors turned out.  Then, they successfully attempted installing crown moulding. 










Ryan installed new blinds and a new ceiling fan. 


The baby furniture arrived last weekend, and Ryan assembled the crib.  He may or may not have put the headboard on backwards.  The furniture is my favorite!  My parents were generous enough to buy the baby furniture for us.  We picked out a set from JC Penny, and I love that it doesn't look like "baby" furniture because he will be able to use all of the pieces for a long time.  The crib will eventually convert into a full size bed. 

A few weekends ago a group of us went to Canton, and I found this huge wooden G.  I painted it navy and added a cute white lined border around the edges.  We are going to hang this over the dresser. 



We are doing a vintage cars/transportation theme.  While we were in Canton Joleen also spotted this awesome Route 66 sign. 


I've also picked up some vintage signs at Hobby Lobby and ordered a personalized street sign.  The street sign should be delivered on Saturday.   

The pieces of the bedding are arriving slowly, but surely.  I am planning to iron the crib skirt and curtains this weekend and start putting the decorative items into place.  I can't wait to see the final outcome!


2 comments:

Tara said...

So cute! can't wait to it when all finished!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I like the vintage car theme and we are doing something along those lines when we convert Eli into the full size bed (maybe sooner than later cause he's trying to crawl out already) but we are doing more vintage truck/tractor stuff. Just a warning...we bought a converter crib set from Penney's also but the little booger has cut teeth all along the front rail (which will eventually be the footboard, I think) and it's awful!! Maybe your G won't be as rowdy! :)