Sunday morning Ryan and I got up early and went to breakfast. Then, we went to Home Depot to start buying stuff for Baby Mac's room. We found a new ceiling fan, new blinds, and bought the crown moulding that we are planning to put up after the room is painted. After our successful shopping trip, we came home and took a much needed nap. That afternoon we went to a friend's house for another BBQ. The weather was absolutely beautiful. In fact, that night it was even a bit "cold" once the sun went down. We sat around and visited with friends, played washers, and "bags." I'm not very good, but it's still fun. There was enough food to feed an army. The host made Oreo truffles, and I LOVED them. I had about three of them, but they are so rich that I almost made myself sick. I've got the recipe, and I am going to be making some as soon as I have an excuse to make them!
My mom and I met to do some shopping on Monday. We went to Pottery Barn Kids to try and find the baby bedding, but we soon found out that it was only available online. I'm going to order it this week. After lunch at The Cheesecake Factory we headed to Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us. I was overwhelmed with all of the baby stuff. We looked at travel systems, and I think I've found one that I like. After an afternoon of shopping, I met Ryan at Jeff and Joleen's for yet another BBQ. Jeff smoked a brisket and some ribs. Everything was delicious. I'm sure I've gained a billion pounds after all of this amazing food this weekend.
I could really become addicted to having three-day weekends.


No comments:
Post a Comment