Friday, August 5, 2011

16 Weeks

This past weekend I wasn't feeling very good.  I was having lots of pressure and was extra tired.  I also started having some spotting (TMI) Sunday, and I was really freaked out.  I called my Dr. Monday morning to find out if I needed to come in, or just wait until my appointment today.  To my surprise my Dr. told me to keep my appointment and to start bed rest.  I panicked since cheer camp was this week.  Luckily, Christie, my co-coach, took over and took the girls to camp so I could get some rest.  On Tuesday morning I wasn't feeling any better, and the pressure was out of control.  I called my Dr. again, and they had me come in to do some testing.  It turns out that I wasn't crazy...I had a UTI!  The Dr. started me on some medication and I immediately started feeling better.  I was able to head to cheer camp too! 
Superior Ribbons on Cheer and Chant Evaluations!!

On Wednesday, my birthday, Christie and the girls surprised me with a sweet card and some delicious cookies.

I had my regular monthly appointment today, and everything looked great!  My UTI is clearing up and the spotting has completely stopped.  I got to hear Baby Mac's heartbeat again.  It was thumping along at 140.  Our next appointment is on August 31st, and we will get to officially find out the sex of Baby Mac.  The Dr. said that we could invite a few extra people to this appointment, so we've invited our moms to join us.  Only three more weeks!! 

My pants/shorts are really starting to struggle.  They still fit, they are just uncomfortable.  My mom bought me a BeBand, and I'm sure I will need to use it soon.  Here is my 16 week belly picture.  No real bump yet...it just looks like I've spent too much time away from the treadmill!  Ha!

1 comment:

Tara said...

So glad your feeling better...that's scary seeing spotting. You look great!