We spent most of the day riding, and pulling people out of the mud. 

The guys smoked a brisket and cooked beans in their cans. Dinner was delicious!

Ryan and the crew stayed another night while I headed back for my book club. It was my turn to host, and we were planning to go see a movie afterwards. I rushed home and cleaned up. For dinner I made baked penne with sun-dried tomatoes and Italian sausage. I found the recipe at Simply Scratch. It turned out great...unlike my book choice this time. I chose Who Loves You Best. I was really disappointed in this book. The story line was just okay, and the language was brash and at times downright vulgar. I would have never chosen this book had I known, and would not recommend this book.

After we finished up our book discussion, and finished loving on baby Levi who made a guest appearance, we headed to the theater to see Something Borrowed, one of our past book club coices. I think we'd all read it so long ago that the changes from book to movie didn't really bother us too much. I've borrowed Something Blue so I'll be ready for the sequel.
Our next book club choice is The Things We Do For Love by Kristin Hannah.
I also finished Water for Elephants. Now I just need to find someone who will go with me to see the movie. I've purchased The Help to read when I'm finished with our book this month. I wanted this to be my book choice during our last session, but it was only out in Hardback. It's out in paperback now, but I completely forgot about it when I was making my book choice this past month.
Happy Reading,
No comments:
Post a Comment