Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Making a Long-Winded Comeback

The last thing that I remember was relaxing and enjoying my summer break. Then, I blinked. I can't believe it has been almost 3 months since I have blogged! Not only did school start, but we've finished the first six weeks! How did that happen? We only have a few more football games left in the season. I am so proud of my girls this year. They are an extremely talented and fun group to work with.
A few weeks ago I went to Galveston for a bachelorette party to celebrate the upcoming marriage of my college roommate, Tracy. She is like a sister to me and I am so excited for her. We had a blast. The weather was questionable the majority of the time, but we made the best of it. Perfectly placed near the ocean, our weekend house provided us with a great view. It was amazing! We were able to hang out outside even though it was raining.



We celebrated two major anniversaries that weekend. It was the one year anniversary of hurricane Ike and the eighth anniversary of 9/11. To honor the anniversaries the city put on a great fireworks display. We like to pretend that they did it just for Tracy.


Keeping the best surprise for last, Tracy came up with the brilliant idea of having us all wear wigs when we went out to celebrate. Boy oh boy, did we make a statement! We were definitely the center of attention anywhere we went. Complete strangers wanted to have their pictures taken with us. Who could blame them?

Tracy is getting married this weekend in San Antonio. I can't wait to see her walk down the isle. I know she will be a beautiful bride.

This past weekend was just what I needed. It was a glorious 3-day, fun-filled weekend! Friday after work I decided to finally give in to my desire for a sewing machine. I have been talking about buying one for almost a year now. I compared several different machines before finally deciding on this one.


I went to Joann's and found some awesome fabric for my first "top secret" project. I can't wait to finish it and share all about it!



On Saturday Ryan and I went to see our friend, Rachel's, new house. She is a fantastic hostess. Her house looks amazing and is decorated so cute.

Sunday night I went with my parents and a friend of mine, Rebecca, to see the Mavs play in a preseason game. I LOVE to watch the Mavs play! My mom won platinum seating at work and asked us to come along. Good parking, great food, and an awesome game! I can't wait to go again!
Rebecca and I in some sort of strange embrace...



Rebecca won a gift card to Chili's! Bonus!

My awesome parents!!

Until something exciting happens,

No comments: