Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ladies Night

One of my friends, Kendall, suggested that we have a girl's night out and paint some pottery. We went to a place in Denton called Kil'n Time. You start out by selecting a bisque piece to paint, which is not an easy task if I say so myself! There are tons of items to choose from...plates, cups, crosses, etc. Then you choose your paint colors. They have all sorts of stencils, stamps, and tools to help you design your piece. I decided to make a decorative plate for the kitchen. Here is a picture of the "unfinished" plate. I ran out of time, so I had to make a second trip to finish my paisley stamps around the border.


The colors on the plate will be much darker once it is fired in the kiln. I had so much fun with Kendall and Mindy that I decided to go back for round two. Some of my awesome friends from work and I went to a place in Flower Mound called Color Me Mine. I decided to make something that I could actually use this time. Tara and I made adorable paisley mugs. Carie and Stephanie made cute mugs too! Rachel, my Oklahoma Sooner obsessed friend, went pro on us an made an incredible decorative plate.


We all had so much fun! I'm sure we'll be making another appearance for pottery night soon. What should I make next?








1 comment:

Kendall and Brooks said...

so cute - hey can you email the pics from our girls pottery night!?!?!