Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Haunting

Last night I went to Mesquite to see some of my cousins in their Halloween costumes. We all went to visit grandma before heading out to be inundated with candy. Some of the ladies at grandma's apartments were passing out candy to the visitors. They informed us that we'd just made it because at 7:00 pm they were calling it quits! Night owls!

The kids had so much fun. One of the best houses we visited decorated their entire front yard with inflatables. I managed to get one picture of the yard before my camera kicked the bucket. The picture does not do the yard justice. There had to be at least 50 inflatables. From a haunted mansion to a Frankenstein Homer Simpson, they had it all! As we were taking a tour of this fabulous haunted yard, we saw some of the cutest costumes. My personal favorite was baby Elvis, complete with sideburns and a bedazzled guitar. As we were leaving, the homeowners were getting ready to shut things down and dumped their entire supply of candy into the bed of my uncle's truck. Kid heaven.


On a side note - One of my biggest pet peeves for Halloween is for all of the kids who are too old, or that have no costumes that come begging for a handout. Seriously!

At the end of the night the crew was exhausted. I can't wait until I have kids...excuse me...A, as in 1... kid of my own to take out for some Halloween fun!


2 comments:

Kendall and Brooks said...

hahaha, sounds so fun! Just ONE???? ;)

stephanie said...

hey...this is steph shuler. I just found your blog from Tara's. How fun that all of you blog!! i had no idea ;)
And I have to agree with you on your pet peeve!!!