Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Worst Blogger EVER!!

I had really good intentions when I decided to give this blog thing a try. I'm a faithful blog reader, but let's face it...posting a weekly blog is a task I've yet to accomplish. Now it may sound as though I've thrown in the towel, but don't be fooled! My mission is to make up for my lack of bragging about my family, friends, and precious pup by challenging myself to blog at least once a week for the month of December.


One wedding, a long awaited movie release, and turkey day made the month of November a blur!

Our buddies Jason and Kristin officially tied the knot on November 21st. Ryan and I had a blast at the wedding. Weddings always give us an excuse to dance. We are dancing fools! Now I'm not talking about bump and grind, clubin' moves. Some two-steppin', waltzing fun is what we bring to the table. When Ryan and I first started dating we would always go out country dancing. But, since we have become an old married couple, we rarely find the opportunity to indulge ourselves. Here are a few pics from the rehearsal dinner and me with the blushing bride. I wish I had at least one picture of Ryan and I showing off our mad skills!





One of my guilty pleasures is my obsession with the Twilight book series. Now I like to give myself (and my friends from work) credit for being fans of the series long before there were talks of a box office hit. I was introduced to the first book by a coworker. I snubbed the book at first when found out that vampires were involved. To Carrie I owe my sincerest appologies for my lack of faith in her book suggestion. I gave it a shot and absolutely loved it. I've dealt with the fact that I'm 28 and still love a good teen romance. While I love Jacob's witty banter, Edward is still my favorite vampire. Go team Edward. This Twilight craze spread throughout our school. Our wonderful school secretary set up a private viewing of the movie for the teachers at our school at the Studio Movie Grill. I'll post some pictures from the movie night when I get some, but for now, here are our cute "team" pictures.





And last, but not least...

Thanksgiving has come and gone leaving me with the obligatory tight pants and the need to make peace with my treadmill. My second challenge of the month is to knock the dust off of the workout equipment and get back into the habit of working out. My goal is to work out everyday in December for at least 30min. That shouldn't be too bad...right!?!

As for the true reason for the Thanksgiving blurb...there are many things I am thankful for.




1. My Family and Friends -Ryan and I are so lucky to have some of the most supportive families and friends anyone could ask for.

2. My Health - Knock on wood. So far, so good. No chicken pox. No diverticulitis...aka...old man disease.

3. My Job - I thank God everyday for all of the wonderful friends I have made through work. I couldn't be happier than I am when I'm molding minds.

4. Fine scented holiday candles, mulling spices, etc. - I was giddy with pleasure when the pizza delivery boy told me that my house smelled like Christmas! I've applied a thick layer of holiday scents to my humble abode.






Happy December!

2 comments:

Kendall and Brooks said...

You are too cute! Love the new background!!! I am going to hold you to your "one post a week" vow!!!!

stephanie said...

I am so excited about your update! Oh, and you have inspired me to use my mulling spices....i haven't busted them out yet (: