You're two. A mighty, determined, adventurous two. You have grown and developed so much over the past year. I love your sweet demeanor. You love to use your manners, saying "thank you" and "please" without any prompting. Your vocabulary has blossomed over the past few months. I'm pretty good at deciphering what you are trying to say, but your speech is becoming more clear each day. Some of my favorite things you say include:
- Waahyou? = Where are you? I love how you blend all of the words together.
- Oh Beeboo = Any bump, scratch, etc.
- I la you. = I love you.
- Hanchie = Hank
- Agua = Water...never water...always agua.
It would take me all day to list out all of the words that you can say. You can count in English and Spanish. You even like to negotiate when I tell you that you can't have anymore of something. You'll hold up one finger very close to your face and say, "one," as though you are trying to convince me to change my mind.
You love to sing. Some of your favorites are I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Baby Bumble Bee, and Take Me Out to the Ballgame. We sing along with your "Sunday School Songs" CD in the car and sing in the bathtub every night.
You are finally facing forward in your car seat, and you love it. We love searching for tractors, trucks, buses, trains, and cranes while we drive.
Your best friend at school is Jack, Jack. Your birthday's are only a few days apart, and you've been going to school together since you were 9 weeks old. School has been quite an experience this year. You've been bitten so many times, we've lost count. I do like that you are talking more now, and you are able to tell me who bit and more about what is going on at school.
You love your family very much. You love to FaceTime Mimi & Pawpaw and Grandma, Grandpa, and Maddie (Mimi). You always look forward to seeing Uncle Chad, Summer, and Hunter too.
You absolutely love being outside. You always ask to go for a ride in the stroller or play on your 4-wheeler or tractor. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we CAN play outside.
You are becoming more and more independent. You are a great helper too. When I am cleaning the house, you always help me sweep, mop, and push your "pop-pop" to vacuum. Feeding Hank and giving him bones are some of your "chores." You help put clothes in the dryer and help clear the table after dinner.
Some of your favorite toys right now include your choo-choo tracks and tunnels (your tent).
At your two year check up, your stats were as follows:
At your two year check up, your stats were as follows:
Weight: 23 lbs - 31%
Height: 31 1/2 inches - 21%
Head: 49 cm - 89%
You make me and your Dad proud everyday. We love watching you grow and learn.
Happy birthday sweet boy!
Love,
Mama
We celebrated Garrett's 2nd birthday on the 19th of January with family and friends.
Garrett wasn't too sure about Chuck E. Cheese. He'd just woken up from his nap, and took longer than usual to warm up. He did not want to ride anything, but Ryan finally got him to race the cars.
He pretty much suckered everyone of us into racing the cars. We finally talked him into playing skee-ball and to spraying the ducks with water.
| Summer and Hunter |
| Ryan and Jeff racing the cars. |
| Racing with Dedra. |
| Garrett and Aunt Diana (Aunt Dina) |
After we played at Chuck E. Cheese, we came back to the house to celebrate with our families.
I had so much fun making all of the banners for Garrett's party this year, and I love how everything turned out.
I had some tractor shaped crayons made for Garrett's friends at school. We sent some cupcakes and his birthday banner to school, and they had a little celebration for him.
| Eating his Nerds that he traded his Chuck E. Cheese tickets in for. |
He received so many sweet gifts from our families. Since his birthday is just a few weeks after Christmas, we went through all of his toys and made a huge donation to his school and took some to Mimi and Pawpaw's house. We also put a few up in his closet and take them out throughout the year (usually during spring break) for him to play with.
He is obsessed with tunnels, so when he opened this tent with tunnels from Mimi and Pawpaw he was ecstatic!
This birthday card was a hit too. It sings "Who Let the Dogs Out" when you open it, and he has been carrying this around the house playing it over and over. He will give me the sweetest smile and say, "Funny Mama."
| Grandma and Grandpa |
| Hunter, Summer, G, and Uncle Chad |
| Punching the balloons with Mimi and Pawpaw |
| Uncle Richard, Aunt Diana, Dedra, and G |
| Our sad attempt at a family picture with a very tired two year old. Next year we need to remember to do this BEFORE the party! |
| Sweet hugs! |
| Talking to Hank after the party. |
| Another train for his tracks and some new books. |
I love this sweet boy more than words can express! I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you!



No comments:
Post a Comment