It's Friday, so I'm linking up with the good life blog for my first 5 on Friday post.
-ONE-
I have a love/hate relationship with my new stainless steel appliances. With a slobber slinging Basset Hound and a sticky fingered toddler running around, they are impossible to keep clean. I bought a reputable stainless steel cleaning spray, but it left everything streaky and discolored. I seriously thought I'd ruined my new fridge. Ryan swore that microfiber cloths would fix the problem, and he was 100% correct. On one of our many trips to Home Depot we came across these microfiber sponges. They came in a set of two and best of all, they are machine washable. I just use a tiny bit of water, not even enough to saturate the sponge, and give the appliances a quick rub down. Just like new. 

-TWO-
Garrett thinks that he always HAS to have "crah-kas" in the car. When I pick him up from school it's almost as if he's starving. I recently stumbled upon Annie's Organic Cheddar Bunnies and Bunny Grahams on a Target run. I don't know a whole lot about organic terminology, but I do know that hey are made with whole wheat and that all of the "bad stuff" is taken out and replaced with the "good stuff." The most important thing is that they are just so darn cute! Oh yea, and Garrett loves them.


-THREE-
Maybe it's because I was crazy when I chose light colored tile and grout, maybe because my dog drools profusely on the floor, maybe because I just couldn't take it anymore... I broke down and bought a Shark Steam Mop. I've only used it once so far, but I like it alright. It came with two washable pads to mop with, and it only took about 30 seconds after plugging it in before I could hear the steam begin to work. I bought the baby steam mop because I was leery of the steam mop in general, but I kind of wish I would have gone with the mother load now that I see it really works well. Clean floors = happy home.


-FOUR-
I've always liked mason jars for decoration or drinkware at showers and parties. I have seen these insulated mason jar tumblers all over the place, and I may just have to get me one. They're country cute.


-FIVE-
I'm lucky to have a husband that is a laudry-aholic. Seriously. He wakes up, takes a shower, and throws in a load of laundry. It's a bit obsessive, but I'm not complaining! I've been searching online and in stores for some new wall art to go in the new house, but I'm cheap and indecisive, so the walls will probably be bare for a while. Strangely enough I have decided on some wall art for our laundry room/dry pantry, the one room that people will rarely see. I just need to decide on a color and order.
Looking forward to the weekend and reading all about the cool stuff everyone has posted on 5 on Friday!


4 comments:
I need to get those sponges!! What are they called!?!
Love this post! We have that shark steamer too and I really like it (as much as you can like a cleaning appliance, ha!). And those mason jar tumbler are too cute!
He is so handsome! I have that cup and love it!
wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot,com
Tara - The brand is HDX from Home Depot. Never heard of it before, but they are awesome!
Post a Comment